When you have a loving partner and family, you come home to people you respect, admire, and support. If you have young children, you are provided with endless opportunities to see the world through their eyes and marvel at the things you take for granted as an adult.
There’s no substitute for the joy a family can bring, but caring for the people you love most isn’t always easy. You work hard professionally and at home to solve problems that arise and provide your partner and children with all they need. But a busy, demanding life can mean that you don’t always get to spend quality time with your family. So, you have to create that time. A home hot tub can help you do just that, as it provides a distraction-free environment in which you can reconnect with your partner and kids while letting them know exactly how much they mean to you.
RECONNECTING WITH YOUR SPOUSE THROUGH RELAXATION
When was the last time you really talked to your partner? Sure, you might ask how the day went, but do you ask about other things that might concern them— their thoughts and opinions that go beyond the kids, work, and errands? Are there things you wish your partner would ask you about?
Making time for conversation to check in with one another mentally and emotionally can make a strong relationship even stronger and confirm all of the reasons you were first drawn to each other.
Starting that conversation in a relaxing environment such as a hot tub can provide the comfort you both may need. Plus, if you make the time to soak together regularly, you may find that reconnecting with your spouse becomes a welcome part of a whole new wellness routine. Regular hot tub use offers wellness benefits that can enhance your mood and your overall quality of life. For example:
- Daily hot tub use can help you sleep better. A lack of sleep can cause you to become frustrated more easily. But getting a full eight hours of restful sleep can help you be your best self.
- A relaxing soak can help reduce the accumulated stress of daily life. Twenty minutes of hydrotherapy offers health benefits including relief of muscle aches, joint pain, and tension.
- Practicing the art of hot tub relaxation with the family can be a bonding experience. Taking the time to relax and even meditate as a family can renew your appreciation for one another.
When you’re rested and free of the tension and soreness that can accumulate in daily life, you may find that you’re more able to give your partner and children the attention they deserve. You might even notice that they’re more appreciative of you in return. This can be a great benefit, especially when your kids are on their way to becoming young adults. So plan a hot tub date night and get to relaxing!
A HOT TUB CAN HELP TWEENS AND TEENS RELAX AND OPEN UP
One of the things you and your spouse may worry about is spending too little time with your growing children. Your kids need your attention, especially adolescents nearing that age when their lives can get complicated.
Life concerns aren’t just for adults—and neither is your hot tub. A home spa can help your teens manage their stress in the same ways it can help you deal with anxiety. Enjoying a warm soak with your kids can provide you with a solid foundation for easing their fears and offering support and gratification, and it can give them the opportunity they need to confide in you about the things on their minds—school, friends, sports, and more.
By sharing a relaxing soak and meaningful conversation with your tween or teen you may help them in the following areas:
- Overcome shyness and build self-esteem. You probably remember your own awkward years of adolescence and struggling to find your comfort zone. When you engage your teens regularly in conversation, you can help them feel valued and reinforce their confidence.
- Develop more positive behaviors at home and at school. As a role model for your children, your positive actions can help them become better and more mature communicators. By learning through your example, they can get a head start on interacting in more meaningful ways with their peers.
- Create great memories. The experiences you provide your kids with today will influence the adults they will become. One way to ensure that your kids look back fondly on the time you spend together now is to carve out time for them individually and mix in some fun with the thoughtful conversations.
A bonus benefit of a family spa is that your children might think of it as something very cool that could be shared with their friends. Supervising your kids and their friends in your spa can earn you major parent points and provide you with opportunities to better know their buddies.
CHOOSE THE PERFECT HOT TUB FOR YOUR FAMILY
To enjoy the benefits of spending time with family in a hot tub, you’ll need to choose a suitable spa. Size should be your primary consideration since you’ll want plenty of seating. The four-seat Hot Spring® Limelight® Beam™ spa is a great option for an average family. Large families might consider the five-, six- and seven-seat models from the Hot Spring Limelight® Collection and the Highlife® Collection.
No matter which Hot Spring spa you choose, reconnecting with your partner and children will prove to be one of its greatest benefits.